Sunday, November 30, 2008

help! food on my mind!

in an effort to keep myself out of trouble between hot flashes and pill-popping, i will be officially blogging for a food website called the hungry? city guides. finally, i can direct my love of food toward the all-inclusive abyss that is the internet. i won't be getting rich off of this, at least not yet, in fact, money won't be involved at all, only the joy of life experience. (for example, most of the photos on the home page are mine.)

now, this is where you come in. since i can't keep reviewing the same places within a 3 block radius of my apartment, i need restaurant suggestions. i'm not looking for anything fancy or highbrow, just good grub at reasonable prices. maybe you know of a fantastic bakery whose cupcakes bring you to tears, or a hole-in-the-wall with out-of-this-world pad thai, or a mom and pop place that has crazy delicious fried chicken. whether it be a diner, a taco truck, or a bistro that reminds you of that trip to paris, send me the names of eateries that you hold near and dear to your heart and stomach, and i will visit as many as i can. (i'm primarily looking for places in new york city, but am also open to your own hometown favorites for when i visit you!)

now, close your eyes, think of food, and send me your suggestions...

eating heavenly risotto in a previous life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I'll share my faaaav soup, Sopa de Frijoles fom that cute little Peruvian Place, hhmmmm ...and we might just have to finish up with a couple alfrajores!! Yummy, I can't wait to eat, oh, uh....I mean SEE YOU! heheheh

Anonymous said...

Talk about a perfect job for you!!! I checked out your Hungry City blogs and photos and, as if I didn't already want to go east to see you, now I find myself being drawn there by your tantalizing descriptions. Mmmmm!